Manchester & Preston Construction Firm28 | 06 | 18
A competitive tender process for this client required us to demonstrate our transparent and honest print management service, while also proving that valuable efficiencies could be achieved with our recommended solutions.
The customer, who has offices across three sites was finding it increasingly difficult to analyse and control their print processes. With a combination of multifunctional devices and desktop printers, along with each department having their own processes for maintenance and replenishment, the financial controller was becoming increasingly frustrated by spiraling costs and lack of control due to multiple lease agreements. This, combined with mounting pressure to make significant efficiency improvements from senior management called for a new solution.
A site visit and print audits revealed outdated, inefficient machines that in many cases were only used by small teams or 6-8 worker. Additionally, many members of the management team used personal desktop devices in their offices.
We wanted to provide our client with a solution that would be efficient and provide visibility and control of their entire print estate, while recommending resolutions to the multiple lease agreements that were currently in place or recently expired.
Datatech were able to:
- Implement a print management solution that gave visibility of uses across the entire fleet
- Reduce the number of machines by installing MFD’s on each floor, removing the need for personal desktops
- Buy out the last remaining lease agreement for the customer
- Printers and machines that were used by single departments
- Provide ongoing cost reporting and analysis, presented by a dedicated Account Manager to ensure continuing efficiency improvements.
- Present detailed usage reports by site, floor and user
- Proactive devise management with automated metre readings ensuring that all consumables are delivered and fitted when needed.
- One monthly invoice covering usage and consumables
- Achieve a combined saving of 28% across three sites
“Working with Datatech has made managing our device and print costs so much simpler – I now receive one clear monthly invoice which is supported by detailed usage analysis. I now have complete confidence that costs are under control and should we ever need an engineer, they usually arrive within a couple of hours.”
Financial Controller – Manchester & Preston Construction firm